If you want to remove the vocals from a track or want to create a karaoke backing track. Then, the GarageBand equalizer tools let you do this. That’s why you must read this article on How to Remove Vocals from A Song Garageband iPhone.
GarageBand is a digital audio workstation for the Mac by which you can record, edit and mix your music using your computer. Even, you can use GarageBand as an audio editor for music in your MP3 collection.
While, it can be done in two ways, depending on the type of recording with which you’re working.
How to Remove Vocals from A Song Garageband iPhone- 3 Methods:
#1 Methods – Setup:
- For this, click the GarageBand desktop icon or open “Applications.” Then, launch the program from there.
- After that, click “File,” “Open Recent” and select the relevant session from the drop-down menu.
- The GarageBand’s default configuration means that the last saved session opens automatically or you can use the “Open Recent” command.
- Now, click “Audio” and select the relevant song from the media browser.
- Then, GarageBand gives you the option to browse your iTunes library for songs.
- For such, click on the song file when you find it. It will open the song in GarageBand as it opens as a waveform file, with peaks. Plus, the dips represent the volume profile of the recording.
#2 Methods – Equalization Method:
- To opt for this method, click on the eye icon on the bottom right of the GarageBand interface.
- Now, click on one of the gray boxes in the right-hand panel and it will open an effects menu.
- Then, select “AU Graphic Equalizer’ and these Equalizers enable you to remove specific frequencies from audio.
- After this, check the box that says “Manual.” It will let configure the equalizer to let you select the frequencies you wish to remove.
- Click on the equalizer icon in the right-hand panel as it will open the equalizer in a separate window. In the window is an array of virtual slider dials each controlling the volume of a specific frequency band.
- After that, drag the slider dials for the middle frequency down to the bottom of the equalizer.
Also, Read This:
Turn Off Auto Delete Old Conversations iOS 14: 3 Solutions To Fix It:
#3 Methods – Track Inversion Method:
- To use this method, click on the audio and press “Command + C.” then, click on a spare channel and press “Command + V” to copy the audio over.
- After this, turn the “Pan” dial fully left on the first channel. This “Pan” dial is the one with “L” and “R” on each side.
- Now, turn the “Pan” dial fully right on the second and it will invert the two audio tracks, canceling out any audio panned centrally. As these vocals are typically recorded dead center, this technique removes them from the audio.
- Then, tap on “File” and select “Save As” to render the inverted files as one audio track.
The equalization method works best on modern digital recordings while the inversion method works best on recordings originally released on vinyl. As the mastering process for vinyl is different than for CD or MP3.
- How to Remove Vocals from A Song Garageband iPhone
GarageBand is a one-stop digital audio workstation to play, record, create and share self-created music. It has a large library that embraces different sounds, instruments, and voices, so one can produce works even without an instrument.
Thus, we hope that you liked this post on How to Remove Vocals from A Song Garageband iPhone.