Every professional need to use pen and paper to express their ideas and work on design projects. Using a tablet for doing such work makes it easier. There is so much choice available, with specialist tablets for a special type of task so it becomes difficult to select the Best Tablet for Note Taking available in the market.
The Best Tablet for Note Taking offers a touch screen display with smart styluses and wireless keyboards, including macOS, Android, and Windows operating systems. It also includes large internal memory storage and built-in security features like facial recognition and fingerprint readers with an improved battery life up to 10 hours.
How to Select the Best Tablet for Note Taking?
While selecting the Best Tablet for Note Taking, the following things are to be kept in mind which is as follows:
- Screen Size: Usually, tablets come in three sizes, 7”, 8” and 9”. The 7” size tablet is ideal for travelers and the 9” size tablet is bulky and good for a richer gaming and video experience. The 8” size tablet, offers a balance between portability and functionality suitable for those who want to do more work on tablets.
- Operating System: Google Android, Apple iOS, and Microsoft Windows are commonly used operating systems in the tablet.
- Resolution: Display resolution will provide the clarity and sharpness of images on the screen which may vary from the SD to Full HD and Quad HD.
- Processor and RAM: The 512MB RAM are slow and less responsive and 1-2 GB RAM tabs offer a better option, combining performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Storage: Most tablets include internal and external storage capacities. The internal storage comes in 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB capacity variants and the External storage is a microSD card slot.
- Battery: A tablet with 8 to 10 hours of battery backup is ideal if spend most of the time on the tablet.
- Camera: .Higher the megapixels of the camera, the larger the size that the image can be printed and a good quality front camera will ideal for video calling and taking selfies.
We also recommend some more tablets from the previous year which are as follows:
Best Tablet for Note Taking 2018
- Apple iPad 10.2-inch (8th gen)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Microsoft Surface Go 2
Best Tablet for Tote Taking 2016
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pen
- Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with S Pen
- HP Pro Slate 12
List of the Best Tablet for Note Taking
1. New Apple iPad Pro:
- Weight: 643g
- Dimensions: 280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9mm
- OS: iPad OS
- Screen size: 12.9-inch
- Resolution: 2732 x 2048
- CPU: Apple A12Z Bionic
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128/256/512GB/1TB
- Front camera: 7MP
- Rear cameras: 12MP / 10MP
The Apple Ipad Pro is one of the best tablets for taking handwritten notes or drawing when it is paired with the Apple Pencil in the market right now. As it is the slickest and most responsive model includes a super-high-resolution screen with a user-friendly interface.
The Apple Pencil is a fantastic tablet pen that can give an exceptional level of control and responsiveness over your designs, notes, handwriting, and illustrations.
Note: Get Awesome Deal On Here
Get Top 6 Most Recommended Best Tablet for Students:
Its Liquid Retina display provides a wide color gamut and motion smoothing technology for true-to-life picture quality. It offers dual-band Wi-Fi support and gigabit-class LTE connectivity, also gives access to cloud-based storage like Dropbox, Google Docs, and iCloud without an internet network.
It supports Apple’s Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard Folio gives alternatives for taking notes. It can provide 10-hour battery life, as well as FaceID, to unlock the tablet without a password.
- Large screen size
- Impressive, crystal clear resolution
- Very powerful
- Can have two apps side by side
- The Apple Pencil feels just like a real pen
- Unbeatably fast performance
- Liquid Retina display
- No headphones jack
- No sd cards
- Costs as much as a high-end laptop
- Pencil an additional expense
2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7:
- CPU: Intel Dual-Octa Core i3; Quad-Core i5-i7
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics; Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- RAM: 4GB-16GB LPDDR4x
- Screen: 12.3-inch, 2736 x 1,824
- Storage: 128GB-1TB SSD
- Ports: 1x USB-C, 1x USB-A, 1x Surface Connect port, microSDX card reader, headphone/mic jack
- Cameras: 8MP rear-facing autofocus camera (1080p full HD video); 5MP front-facing camera (1080p full HD video)
- Mic: Dual far-field Studio Mics
The latest Surface Pro model, Surface Pro 7 is the top choice for a Windows tablet. It comes with improved battery life and a powerful processor, by which you can run the Adobe apps without any lags. It has a 10.5-inch touch screen with 10-point multi-touch support which means meaning you can do zoom in and out, swipe, draw, and type without input recognition issues.
It supports microSD card memory expansion for more storage with dual-band Wi-Fi by which you can access cloud storage services such as OneDrive or Google Drive. It supports Bluetooth connectivity and wireless keyboards, with the Windows Hello facial recognition technology for safely signing into your tablet. It gives 10 hours of battery performance.
- Very lightweight
- Superfast processor
- Use with Surface Pen, a clean, precise pen
- Best note-taking tablet/laptop combo
- Faster than ever processing speeds
- New and improved mics
- USB-C port
- Battery not as good as Pro 6
- The design remains the same
- No USB-C
- Accessories sold separately
3. HP Envy x2:
- Display size/resolution: 12.3-inch 1,920×1,280 touch display
- CPU: 2.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Processor
- Memory: 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR4x onboard
- Graphics: Adreno 540 710MHz
- Storage: 128GB SSD
- Networking: 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.1
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 S/Pro
The Envy x2 is a detachable keyboard 2-in-1 tablet including the keyboard and stylus. It is powered by the Qualcomm-powered version of the Envy x2 for its excellent battery life and comfortable keyboard.
It runs on Windows 10 and with a large touch screen for drawing. It is light weighted and portable and comes with 22 hours of battery life. This tablet will also let you get online even when there’s no Wi-Fi around because of its built-in 4G LTE.
- Long battery life: Up to 22 hours
- The HP Digital Pen is included in the price
- Great value for money
- Large touch screen – 12.3”
- Stylish design
- Bright and vivid display
- Flawed keyboard cover
- Sub-par performance
- Lots of bloatware
4. Wacom Bamboo Slate Smartpad Digital Notebook:
- Connection. Bluetooth 4.0.
- Supported Paper Size. -Letter, 8 1/2 x 11 in A4, 210 × 297 mm. …
- Supported Paper Thickness. About 80 pages (<8 mm, < 0.3 in)
- Buttons. 1 multi-function button.
- Battery Type. Rechargeable Li-polymer battery.
- Wireless Battery Operation Time. 8 hours (typical)
The Wacom Bamboo Slate Smartpad is the most innovative tablet in the market. You get the halfway of old notebook and a tablet.
You can doodle right onto a standard sheet of paper. It can access, edit, and share online at the touch of a button which means you can save the ideas into clever digital files easily.
It also offers the free Wacom Inkspace app which can transform your handwritten notes into text. This digital note-taking will allow you to export them, edit them, share them, and more.
- Draw on a piece of paper and convert your designs to digital files by pressing a button.
- Save your drawings and edit them online.
- A great combination of the old and new, analog and digital – the best of both worlds.
- Store your notes online and find them easily when you need them.
- Transform your notes from handwritten to text form quickly and at no cost with the Wacom Inkspace app.
- Advanced text and search features require an additional paid subscription, Additional editing tools require a second app, Inkspace app operation felt clunky and unintuitive.
- Handwriting transcription requires a paid subscription, the Folio version is heavy.
5. Acer Chromebook R 13 Convertible:
- Operating System Chrome OS™
- Processor Speed 2.10 GHz and Quad-core (4 Core™)
- Display & Graphics PowerVR GX6250
- Screen Size 33.8 cm (13.3″) LCD In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology
- Memory Standard Memory 4 GB Flash Memory Capacity 64 GB
- Battery 4670 mAh
The Acer Chromebook R 13 includes an attractive design, long endurance, and the ability to run Android apps. It is an excellent, and affordable price option for a touchscreen tablet/laptop. It offers a 10 point multi-touch screen and bright display, and long battery life of up to 10 hours. It includes features of the low maintenance tablet as it gets automatic updates and built-in virus protection.
It can back up all the files with internal storage with 100GB of Google Drive space. The screen comes with a 1366 x 768 resolution with backlighting and a multi-touch screen capability. You can use it in multiple modes (laptop, tent, tablet) and it is portable and lightweight.
- Runs Android apps
- Excellent battery life
- Sleek, premium-looking design
- Comfortable keyboard
- Mediocre performance
- Flat audio
- Low webcam performance
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0″ (2019) with S Pen:
- CPU Speed1.8GHz, 1.6GHz
- Size (Main Display)8.0″ (203.1mm)
- Rear Camera – Resolution8.0 MP
- Weight (g)325
- Video Playback Time (Hours)Up to 11
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh)4200
The Samsung Galaxy tab A with s pen is a remarkable note-taking tablet as comes with a stylus for both writing and drawing tablets, with about 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity. After finishing the work the pen tucks away inside the tablet. Very lightweight and easy to carry around with you at just 1.22 pounds .
It offers large screen with a small bezel for the ultimate viewing experience. It includes a MicroSD card for extra storage space. You can easily download all the note-taking apps from the Google Play Store. It provides long battery life of 13 hours. Overall, it is an affordable and ideal tablet for great handwritten notes.
- Pretty Good Screen Quality
- Powerful processor
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Good Camera
- Decent Speaker
- Face unlock
- Sim Space
- Full Plastic body
- Only One Speaker
- No fingerprint
- A bit expensive
Related To: Best Tablet for Note Taking
Best Tablet for Note Taking 2018
Best Tablet for Tote Taking 2016
What Tablet is best for Note Taking?
Microsoft’s Windows-based Surface Go 2 is the best tablet for Note taking with a 10.5-inch touchscreen and 10-point multi-touch support; meaning, which can be used to zoom in and out, swipe, draw, and type without input recognition issues. It also supports microSD card memory expansion for more storage.
The dual-band Wi-Fi lets you access cloud storage services and Bluetooth connectivity supports the Surface Pen and wireless keyboard. It gives battery performance up to 10 hours of use.
Which Samsung Tablet Best for Note Taking?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is one of the best Samsung Tablet for Note Taking as it powered by super-fast processing power speed and comes with the S Pen which can handle the notes without hauling around paper and notebooks. It can works for a full 15 hours on a single charge. It offers 256 gigabytes of storage, by which you can store many of the data.
Trying to find the Best Tablet for Note Taking with a stylus in 2020 is not easy as there is so much choice available, with specialist tablets which can be used for special purposes. The above-recommended products will able to serve you well and meet all your needs for taking notes on your tablets.
While picking a tablet with a stylus pen, the levels of pressure sensitivity are important as it will give you an idea regarding the task you have to perform with more accuracy. The best tablets come with 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
It must be portable and lightweight, with a great screen resolution, powerful processor. All the above tablets on this list fulfill every type of user’s need whatever the budget of yours.