Every professional needs to use pen and paper to express their ideas and work on design projects. Using a tablet for doing such work makes it easier. In this article, we will help you to select the Best Tablet for Note Taking available in the market.
These Tablets offer a touch screen display with smart styluses and wireless keyboards, including macOS, Android, and Windows operating systems. Also, they include large internal memory storage and built-in security features like facial recognition and fingerprint readers with an improved battery life up.
Criteria to Get the Best Tablet for Note Taking:
These are some of the deciding factors to be kept in mind while buying the best tablet for you, which is as follows:
- Screen Size: Tablets come in three sizes, 7”, 8” and 9”. The 7” size tablet is ideal for travelers and the 9” size tablet is bulky and good for a richer gaming and video experience. The 8” size tablet, offers a balance between portability and functionality.
- Operating System: Google Android, Apple iOS, and Microsoft Windows are commonly used operating systems in the tablet.
- Resolution: Display resolution will provide the clarity and sharpness of images on the screen which may vary from the SD to Full HD and Quad HD.
- Processor and RAM: The 512MB RAM are slow and less responsive and 1-2 GB RAM tabs offer a better option, combining performance and cost-effectiveness.
- Storage: Most tablets include internal and external storage capacities. The internal storage comes in 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128 GB capacity variants and the External storage is a microSD card slot.
- Battery: A tablet with 8 to 10 hours of battery backup is ideal if spend most of the time on the tablet.
- Camera: Higher the megapixels of the camera, the larger the size that the image can be printed and a good quality front camera will be ideal for video calling and taking selfies.
List of the top 12 Best Tablet for Note Taking:
#1. New Apple iPad Pro
#2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
#3. HP Envy x2
#4. Wacom Bamboo Slate Smartpad Digital Notebook
#5. Acer Chromebook R 13 Convertible
#6. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0
#7. Xencelabs Pen Tablet Medium Bundle
#8. Wacom Cintiq 22
#9. XP-Pen Deco Pro
#10. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
#11. Huion Kamvas 22 Plus
#12. Asus Transformer Mini
Let’s go to its detailed analysis…..
1. New Apple iPad Pro – Best Tablet for Note Taking:
- Weight: 643g
- Dimensions: 280.6 x 214.9 x 5.9mm
- OS: iPad OS
- Screen size: 12.9-inch
- Resolution: 2732 x 2048
- CPU: Apple A12Z Bionic
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128/256/512GB/1TB
- Front camera: 7MP
- Rear cameras: 12MP / 10MP
The Apple Ipad Pro is one of the best tablets for taking handwritten notes or drawing when it is paired with the Apple Pencil in the market right now. As it is the slickest and most responsive model includes a super-high-resolution screen with a user-friendly interface.
The Apple Pencil is a fantastic tablet pen that can give an exceptional level of control and responsiveness over your designs, notes, handwriting, and illustrations.
Note: Get Awesome Deal On Here
Get Top 6 Most Recommended Best Tablet for Students:
Its Liquid Retina display provides a wide color gamut and motion smoothing technology for true-to-life picture quality. It offers dual-band Wi-Fi support and gigabit-class LTE connectivity, also gives access to cloud-based storage like Dropbox, Google Docs, and iCloud without an internet network.
It supports Apple’s Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil, and Smart Keyboard Folio gives alternatives for taking notes. It can provide 10-hour battery life, as well as FaceID, to unlock the tablet without a password.
- Large screen size
- Impressive, crystal clear resolution
- Very powerful
- Can have two apps side by side
- The Apple Pencil feels just like a real pen
- Unbeatably fast performance
- Liquid Retina display
- No headphones jack
- No sd cards
- Costs as much as a high-end laptop
- Pencil an additional expense
2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Best Tablet for Note-Taking in College:
- CPU: Intel Dual-Octa Core i3; Quad-Core i5-i7
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics; Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- RAM: 4GB-16GB LPDDR4x
- Screen: 12.3-inch, 2736 x 1,824
- Storage: 128GB-1TB SSD
- Ports: 1x USB-C, 1x USB-A, 1x Surface Connect port, microSDX card reader, headphone/mic jack
- Cameras: 8MP rear-facing autofocus camera (1080p full HD video); 5MP front-facing camera (1080p full HD video)
- Mic: Dual far-field Studio Mics
The latest Surface Pro model, Surface Pro 7 is the top choice for a Windows tablet. It comes with improved battery life and a powerful processor, by which you can run the Adobe apps without any lags. It has a 10.5-inch touch screen with 10-point multi-touch support which means meaning you can do zoom in and out, swipe, draw, and type without input recognition issues.
It supports microSD card memory expansion for more storage with dual-band Wi-Fi by which you can access cloud storage services such as OneDrive or Google Drive. It supports Bluetooth connectivity and wireless keyboards, with the Windows Hello facial recognition technology for safely signing into your tablet. It gives 10 hours of battery performance.
- Very lightweight
- Super fast processor
- Use with Surface Pen, a clean, precise pen
- Best note-taking tablet/laptop combo
- Faster than ever processing speeds
- New and improved mics
- USB-C port
- The battery is not as good as Pro 6
- The design remains the same
- No USB-C
- Accessories sold separately
3. HP Envy x2 – Best Tablet for Taking Handwritten Notes:
- Display size/resolution: 12.3-inch 1,920×1,280 touch display
- CPU: 2.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Processor
- Memory: 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR4x onboard
- Graphics: Adreno 540 710MHz
- Storage: 128GB SSD
- Networking: 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 4.1
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 S/Pro
The Envy x2 is a detachable keyboard 2-in-1 tablet including the keyboard and stylus. It is powered by the Qualcomm-powered version of the Envy x2 for its excellent battery life and comfortable keyboard.
It runs on Windows 10 and with a large touch screen for drawing. It is light weighted and portable and comes with 22 hours of battery life. This tablet will also let you get online even when there’s no Wi-Fi around because of its built-in 4G LTE.
- Long battery life: Up to 22 hours
- The HP Digital Pen is included in the price
- Great value for money
- Large touch screen – 12.3”
- Stylish design
- Bright and vivid display
- Flawed keyboard cover
- Sub-par performance
- Lots of bloatware
4. Wacom Bamboo Slate Smartpad Digital Notebook – Best Tablet for Note-Taking in College:
- Connection: Bluetooth 4.0.
- Supported Paper Size: Letter, 8 1/2 x 11 in A4, 210 × 297 mm. …
- Supported Paper Thickness. About 80 pages (<8 mm, < 0.3 in)
- Buttons: 1 multi-function button.
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Li-polymer battery.
- Wireless Battery Operation Time: 8 hours (typical)
The Wacom Bamboo Slate Smartpad is the most innovative tablet in the market. You get half of an old notebook and a tablet.
You can doodle right onto a standard sheet of paper. It can access, edit, and share online at the touch of a button which means you can save the ideas into clever digital files easily.
It also offers the free Wacom Inkspace app which can transform your handwritten notes into text. This digital note-taking will allow you to export them, edit them, share them, and more.
- Draw on a piece of paper and convert your designs to digital files by pressing a button.
- Save your drawings and edit them online.
- A great combination of the old and new, analog and digital – the best of both worlds.
- Store your notes online and find them easily when you need them.
- Transform your notes from handwritten to text form quickly and at no cost with the Wacom Inkspace app.
- Advanced text and search features require an additional paid subscription, Additional editing tools require a second app, Inkspace app operation felt clunky and unintuitive.
- Handwriting transcription requires a paid subscription, the Folio version is heavy.
5. Acer Chromebook R 13 Convertible – Cheap Note Taking Tablet:
- Operating System: Chrome OS™
- Processor Speed: 2.10 GHz and Quad-core (4 Core™)
- Display & Graphics: PowerVR GX6250
- Screen Size: 33.8 cm (13.3″) LCD In-plane Switching (IPS) Technology
- Memory: Standard Memory 4 GB Flash Memory Capacity 64 GB
- Battery: 4670 mAh
The Acer Chromebook R 13 includes an attractive design, long-endurance, and the ability to run Android apps. It is an excellent, and affordable price option for a touchscreen tablet/laptop.
It offers a 10 point multi-touch screen and bright display, and long battery life of up to 10 hours. It includes features of the low-maintenance tablet as it gets automatic updates and built-in virus protection.
It can back up all the files with internal storage with 100GB of Google Drive space. The screen comes with a 1366 x 768 resolution with backlighting and a multi-touch screen capability. You can use it in multiple modes (laptop, tent, tablet) and it is portable and lightweight.
- Runs Android apps
- Excellent battery life
- Sleek, premium-looking design
- Comfortable keyboard
- Mediocre performance
- Flat audio
- Low webcam performance
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0″ (2019) with S Pen – Best Tablet for Taking Handwritten Notes India:
- CPU Speed: 8GHz, 1.6GHz
- Size: (Main Display)8.0″ (203.1mm)
- Rear Camera: – Resolution8.0 MP
- Weight: (g)325
- Video: Playback Time (Hours)Up to 11
- Standard Battery Capacity: (mAh)4200
The Samsung Galaxy tab A with s pen is a remarkable note-taking tablet as comes with a stylus for both writing and drawing tablets, with about 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity.
After finishing the work the pen tucks away inside the tablet very lightweight and easy to carry around with you at just 1.22 pounds .
It offers a large screen with a small bezel for the ultimate viewing experience. It includes a MicroSD card for extra storage space. You can easily download all the note-taking apps from the Google Play Store. It provides long battery life of 13 hours.
Overall, it is an affordable and ideal tablet for great handwritten notes.
- Pretty Good Screen Quality
- Powerful processor
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Good Camera
- Decent Speaker
- Face unlock
- Sim Space
- Full Plastic body
- Only One Speaker
- No fingerprint
- A bit expensive
Xencelabs Pen Tablet Medium Bundle – Best Tablet for Taking Handwritten Notes India:
- Product Dimensions: 12.61 x 9.16 x 0.3 in / 320.5 x 232.85 x 8mm
- Active area size: 10.3×5.8 in / 262.4×147.4 mm
- Active area aspect ratio: 16:9
- Pen: Battery-free
- Pressure levels: 8192 levels
- Weight: 710.5 g
- Connections: USB
The Xencelabs Medium Pen Tablet Bundle tablet is as user-friendly and artist-friendly available at a very reasonable price. It is a solid, reliable pen tablet for illustrators, digital painters, and photographers with an easily portable, wireless, and almost flawless performance.
Its pens also have a nice weight and are included with the tablet.
- Great build quality
- Fantastic drawing experience
- No cons found.
Wacom Cintiq 22 – Best Tablet for Note-Taking in College:
- Display Size / Resolution 21.5 inch (54.6 cm) / Full HD 1920 x 1080.
- Active Area: 18.7 x 10.55 inch (476 x 268 mm.)
- Anti-glare film (coating) to reduce reflections and low parallax for accuracy.
- Connectivity: HDMI port, standard USB port.
- Pro Pen 2 with 8,192 pressure levels and 60 degrees of pen tilt recognition.
- Drawing angles: 16-82 degrees using included Wacom Adjustable Stand.
- Supports Vesa 100 x 100 for mounting.
- Weight: 12.3 lbs
Wacom Cintiq 22 is one of the most affordable, high-quality drawing tablets of its class. It has a large drawing area that makes it comfortable and intuitive to draw on.
Its anti-glare glass surface is laminated to create a slight texture that gives some nice bite to your stylus movement.
This tablet comes with the Pro Pen 2 stylus, a fantastic tablet pen that gives you 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity. It takes power from the electromagnetic properties of the screen. It is a comfortable heft that makes it satisfying to draw with.
- Fantastic price
- Satisfying drawing experience
- Lower resolution
- No built-in shortcut keys
XP-Pen Deco Pro – Cheap Note Taking Tablet:
- Active drawing area: 11 x 6in
- Resolution: 5080 LPI
- Pen pressure sensitivity: 8,192 levels
- Connections: USB-C
The XP-Pen Deco Pro is the best tablet for those who are working on a tighter budget. It comes in two flavors, Small and Medium for the drawing area.
It provides a comprehensively capable drawing experience, with a sophisticated stylus that boasts up to 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
This tablet is all easy enough to set up via the USB-C connection.
- Amazingly affordable
- Sleek, stylish design
- Some software jank
- ‘Small’ version is too small
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus – Best Tablet for Note Taking:
- Weight: 575gDimensions: 285 x 185 x 5.7 mm
- OS: Android 10
- Screen size: 12.4-inch
- Resolution: 2800 x 1752 pixels
- CPU: Snapdragon 865 Plus
- Storage: 128GB/256GBmicro
- SD slot: Yes
- Battery: 10,090mAh
- Rear camera: 13MP + 5MP
- Front camera: 8MP
The S7 Plus is the biggest and best of Android tablets with huge battery life, an enormous, high-fidelity screen, and powerful processing engines. It is equipped with every features that everything artists need.
Its S Pen comes as standard in the box with no hidden extra costs.
This tablet is one of the best Android tablets with a stylus for drawing. It looks like its smaller sibling.
- Gorgeous display
- A Suite of Android apps
- S Pen can be temperamental
Huion Kamvas 22 Plus – Best Tablet for Taking Handwritten Notes India:
- Active drawing area: 18.7 x 10.5in
- Resolution: 1,920 x 1,080
- Pen pressure sensitivity: 8,192 levels
- Connections: USB-C
This Kamvas 22 Plus is a fantastic budget alternative to big boys like the iPad Pro 12.9 or the Cintiq 22. It is packed with an incredible color performance with a 178° wide viewing angle.
Also, it covers 140% of the sRGB color gamut while also minimizing harmful blue light. For a better drawing experience, it has the digital pen PW517 stylus, which provides 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity and a highly stable drawing experience.
This tablet is also easy to connect to your computer thanks to its 3-in-1 USB-C Cable, for quick backup and share your creations.
- Spectacular colors
- Great from every angle
- Anti-glare display
- Lower resolution than others
Asus Transformer Mini – Cheap Note Taking Tablet:
- Screen Size: 10.1 inches
- Resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
- Dimensions & Weight: 10.19 x 6.69 x 0.32 inches, 1.17 lbs
- Processor: Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8350 Processor 1.4 GHz
- OS: Windows 10
The Asus Transformer is the cheapest option which is technically a laptop that can be used as a tablet due to the touchscreen and adjustable hinge design.
It comes with an included stylus and is compatible with Windows Ink that offers great value for money.
It is a very lightweight tablet that is perfect for commuting or using on the go. With the long battery life, you can work all day without needing to charge it.
Overall, Asus Transformer Mini is a good cheap option for note-taking or sending emails with a lightweight and compact design.
- Compact enough to take anywhere
- Comes with a stylus for note-taking on the touchscreen
- Pretty cheap for a laptop/tablet combo
- It’s not very powerful and can run slow
- Can’t handle intensive programs
- Best Tablet for Note Taking
- Best Tablet for Taking Handwritten Notes India
- Cheap Note Taking Tablet
- Best Tablet for Note-Taking in College
- Cheap Tablet with Stylus
What Tablet is best for Note Taking?
Microsoft’s Windows-based Surface Go 2 is the best tablet for Note taking with a 10.5-inch touchscreen and 10-point multi-touch support; meaning, which can be used to zoom in and out, swipe, draw, and type without input recognition issues. It also supports microSD card memory expansion for more storage.
The dual-band Wi-Fi lets you access cloud storage services and Bluetooth connectivity supports the Surface Pen and wireless keyboard. It gives battery performance up to 10 hours of use.
Which Samsung Tablet Best for Note Taking?
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is one of the best Samsung Tablet for Note Taking as it is powered by super-fast processing power speed and comes with the S Pen which can handle the notes without hauling around paper and notebooks. It can works for a full 15 hours on a single charge. It offers 256 gigabytes of storage, by which you can store many of the data.
Trying to find the Best Tablet for Note Taking with a stylus in 2020 is not easy as there is so much choice available, with specialist tablets that can be used for special purposes. The above-recommended products will be able to serve you well and meet all your needs for taking notes on your tablets.
While picking a tablet with a stylus pen, the levels of pressure sensitivity are important as they will give you an idea regarding the task you have to perform with more accuracy. The best tablets come with 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
It must be portable and lightweight, with a great screen resolution, powerful processor. All the above tablets on this list fulfill every type of user’s need whatever the budget.