Solidworks is a very versatile software, which demands a powerful machine to run this software. While finding the Best Laptop For Solidworks can very subjective.
SolidWorks is a high-end modeling platform that extrapolates 2D designs via integrated parametric innovations. It produces a 3-dimensional, Computer-Aided Design tool that brings forth intelligent, analytical technologies into the mix.
It comes to the veracity of assemblies, rendering quality, and modeling innovation. It also runs other engineering software such as AutoCAD, Revit, and even Lumion quite easily.
For such, we shall enlist 10 of the best laptop for handling tools and applications as demanding as SolidWorks. We try to include the budget models that are relevant for basic drawing, part simulation, modeling, and rendering.
Top 10 Best Laptop For Solidworks:
1.Razer Blade 15- Best Laptop for SolidWorks and Gaming:
Razer Blade 15 is the best laptop to run heavy 3D modeling programs or software. It offers optimal performance along with complete portability.
The design and body of this laptop are compact and smooth to carry. It has an edge due to its sleek and slim body. It is equipped with an advanced Core i7, 10th gen. processor with 16GB DDR4 RAM.
The graphics card is equipped with the latest Nvidia RTX 2060 graphics to rendering speed at an optimal rate. Its keyboard is backlit has soft and responsive keys.
The presence of a 4K Ultra HD display running on 144Hz is made this laptop one of the Best Laptop For Solidworks.
- Perfect for Solidworks, AutoCAD, and Revit.
- Powerful gaming beast with RTX 2060 graphics card.
- Extremely compact, portable, and lightweight body.
- Backlit keyboard.
- The battery might drain fast.
- Customer support is laggy.
2. Acer Predator Helios 300- Best Acer Laptop for SolidWorks:
Acer Predator Helios 300 is the gaming beast laptop from Acer. It is an embodiment of superfast computing speed, powerful graphics, and an enhanced multitasking experience.
It’s a bit bulky and weighty but all the specs and features available to run software like Solidworks. This laptop is equipped with a super-fast 9th gen. Core i7 processor for multitasking experience perfectly.
Helios 300 comes with a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1660Ti graphic card with the presence of 16GB DDR4 memory along with a 512GB SSD. It has a 144Hz display with a full HD pixel ratio.
Acer has made sure that this laptop works for a longer time than expected.
- Recommended for running heavy programs.
- The perfect option for Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Durable construction.
- The battery lasts longer than expected.
- A bit bulky.
- Noisy fans are irritating to me at least.
- Overheating issues (Use a cooling pad for a better experience).
3. ASUS TUF Laptop– Best Asus for SolidWorks:
Asus TUF is a sleek, thin, and portable laptop with lightweight. It is paired with the AMD Ryzen 7 processor with the latest Nvidia GTX 1650 graphics card.
It can easily run AutoCAD, Revit, or another 3D modeling with the presence of 8GB DDR4 RAM for Solidworks with the inclusion of super-fast 512GB storage speed.
ASUS has made sure that the laptop remains away from issues like overheating. It has Dual Fans to ensure a better ventilation system.
- Perfect for multitasking.
- Can run heavy programs without any worries.
- Thin, sleek, and slim body.
- Portable laptop for Solidworks.
- Justified price.
- Fans are noisy.
- The operating system has some issues.
4. MSI GF63- Best MSI Laptop for SolidWorks:
MSI GF63 is accompanied by some of the best specifications to ensure optimal performance for a long time. This laptop is a complete beast to manage your 3D modeling tasks in a completely different manner.
It comes with a 9th gen. Core i7 processor that runs at 4.5GHz of speed to run heavy programs. It can enhance multitasking is the availability of 16GB DDR4 random access memory. Furthermore, it is dedicated to Nvidia GTX 1650 graphics card for a smooth rendering experience.
This laptop is not thin, but it’s not too bulky as well. It can be easily packed in your backpack and carry it around without any issue.
- Perfect machine for multitasking.
- They Run Solidworks and AutoCAD like a boss.
- 16GB DDR4 random access memory.
- Compact and portable body.
- Completely justified price tag.
- An ideal choice for architects.
- A bit weighty.
- Customer support is poor.
ASUS ROG- Best Laptop for Solidworks and Autocad in India:
Asus ROG is nothing more than a bomb blast on other laptop brands. It is sleek, slim, thin, and lightweight at the same time with powerful specifications.
This laptop is a perfect mid-budget option to run programs like Solidworks and AutoCAD. It can run 100s of apps at once or overclocking it for gaming purposes.
It has got the 9th gen. Core i7 processor along with a 12MB cache for ultimate multitasking.
This laptop has a random access memory of around 16Gigs running at 2666 MHz. It offers a blazing fast speed to the overall cores and helps to run Solidworks.
Moreover, is a combination of 1TB HDD along with 512GB SSD is more than enough to store large 3D modeling project files.
- Ultra-thin laptop for Solidworks.
- No compromise on the ergonomics.
- Superfast processor.
- Dedicated Nvidia graphics card.
- Affordable price tag.
- A different beast while multitasking.
- Overheating issues are common.
- The battery drains fast while multitasking.
Dell G7 17- Best Laptop for Solidworks 2021:
Dell G7 17 from Dell is a complete revolution in terms of fast speed, smooth rendering, and perfect ergonomics. Although, the laptop is simple yet unique in shape but not that lightweight.
It’s backed by an ultrafast core i7, 9th gen. processor. Along with, 16GB DDR4 RAM for a perfect multitasking experience.
The inclusion of Nvidia GTX 1660Ti makes it easier for engineers to finish their 3D modeling tasks within a short time. Its RGB backlit keyboard is also there to enhance the aesthetics of the computing machine.
- Runs 3D modeling apps smoothly.
- The perfect option for running Solidworks.
- Smooth rendering graphics.
- Large display.
- Super fast processing speed.
- Dell’s customer support is terrible.
- The tech department is of no help.
New Apple MacBook Pro- Best Laptop for Solidworks 2021:
New Apple MacBook by Apple is indeed one of the slimmest workstations available in the market. It is sleek, slim, and lightweight.
Even, it’s loaded with multiple features and specifications to ensure optimal performance at the same time. It comes with a Retina display along with True Tone technology for smoother and anti-glare visibility is experienced.
It is one of the best laptop for Solidworks for 3D modeling apps. Its powerful processing speed and availability of 16GB DDR4 RAM to run multiple CAD applications.
- Core i7, 6th gen super-fast processor.
- 512GB SSD with 16GB ram.
- Thinnest laptop for Solidworks.
- Extremely expensive.
- No other cons.
Magic 10 Best Laptop For Pro Tools (Unlock With All Hidden Features):
ASUS ZenBook 13- Best Laptop for Solidworks and Autocad in India:
ASUS ZenBook 13 is one of the thinnest computing machines in the market.
It is one of the best laptop for Solidworks and Autocad in India with the backing of a powerful Core i7 processor.
This laptop is extremely reliable and made with military-grade materials. It can easily endure harsh circumstances without any hassle.
- Ultrathin shape and body.
- Full HD display.
- Backed by a powerful core i7 processor.
- Affordable price.
- The Graphics card is not exceptional.
- No other major issues.
Lenovo IdeaPad L340- Best Lenovo Laptop for Solidworks:
Lenovo Ideapad L340 comes with multiple traits so as to ensure a smooth user interface. This laptop comes in a sleek and lightweight shape.
It can simply a win-win situation for those who have a limited budget range. Even, it comes with a powerful Core i5, 9th gen. processor to enhance the overall performance while running multiple apps.
Its large 15.6″ IPS display keeps you indulged in the work without causing any problem.
- Perfect for Solidworks enthusiasts.
- Durable construction.
- Sophisticated design.
- 8GB DDR4 memory.
- Overheating issues.
- No optical drive.
- Lenovo Legion Y540 – With 24GB RAM:
Lenovo Legion Y540 is famous for its availability of 24GB RAM. It’s enough memory to ensure the running of apps like Solidworks and AutoCAD without any hassle.
It is backing by a Hexa-Core, core i7, 9th gen. processor makes it easier for you to manage multiple 3D modeling tasks.
This laptop has a sophisticated design. Its body is thin and compact enough to be carried around from one place to another without any hassle.
- 24GB RAM.
- Perfect for Solidworks.
- Nvidia dedicated graphics card.
- Issues in front camera.
- Customer support is abysmal.
- Best Laptop For Solidworks
- Best Laptop for Solidworks 2021
- Best Laptop for Solidworks and Autocad in India
These all are the Best Laptop For Solidworks which you can from the market right now. The criteria used to select the best laptop are that it comes with a dedicated GPU, such as Nvidia or AMD for better performance. The laptop configuration must have an Intel Core i7 with a large storage capacity, in addition to a quality display.